Mediation is the most affordable way to obtain a divorce. By choosing mediation you will:
- Have one mediator who serves both of you fairly.
- Achieve settlement in less time and with less stress than with a litigated divorce.
- Avoid the adversarial costs of subpoenas, depositions and interrogatories.
- Attend a one-time court hearing, in which your written agreement will meet with the courts approval, avoiding multiple costly hearings and trials.
- Resolve future issues in your settlement, such as responsibility for college costs and future adjustments to support, avoiding future litigation.
Other Benefits To Mediation
Studies show that mediation results in:
- A fair divorce settlement for each person.
- A mediation process which reduces anger, especially concerning the financial aspects of support for one party.
- A reasonable custody discussion, in which parents are able to discuss what’s best for each child.
- A result regarding the the marital residence which satisfies each party.
- Significant financial and tax savings for each person.
- Lower costs than an attorney-driven collaborative divorce.
- A divorce settlement in less time than a litigated one.
- Better parenting arrangements.
- Improved relationships between a child and their parents.
- A comprehensive support agreement that eliminates the need for future court proceedings.